We were surprised last year when Nana and Grandpa came over and brought us these eggs. They were for the 12 days of Easter. Each morning we opened a new egg to find a treasure and a scripture that related to Easter. Our children looked forward to it every morning. Each of them took a turn to open an egg, Marc would read the scripture, then he would talk about the meaning and symbolism. It was a great way for us to remember why we celebrate Easter.
This is what each egg included so you can make your own 12 days of Easter.
- Day #1: Sacrament cup - Mathew 26:39
- Day #2: 30 Cents - Matthew 26:14-5
- Day #3: Rope - Matthew 27: 1-2
- Day #4: Soap - Matthew 27:24-26
- Day#5: Piece of red cloth - Matthew 27:28-30
- Day#6: Cross and nail - Matthew 27:31-32
- Day#7: Dice - Matthew 27:35
- Day#8: Bag of rocks - Matthew 27: 50-51,54
- Day#9: Strip of white cloth - Matthew 27: 57-60
- Day#10: Rocks - Matthew 27: 60, 65-66
- Day#11: Spices - Mark 16: 1-2, 4-5
- Day#12: Empty - Matthew 28: 5-6